August 8th, 2011
Please enjoy this article on amazines.com
Let’s go over the seven most common practice errors and the secrets to unlock flawless and effortless practice progress:
As a piano teacher or student are we not hearing these daily?
1. I just want to learn to play a piece – I do not have time for boring scales or theory
2. Metronome practice? You must be kidding!
3. The most important thing is to get the notes right
4. If you practice and make a mistake, just keep trying, eventually you will get it
5. Only people who cannot play piano need to write in finger numbers
6. Never mind practicing technique or learning theory, just practice a piece until you get it.
7. If I play a piece often enough I will be able to play it from memory.
Please enjoy my explanations. Eva